The tour bus will pick you up at your hotel in Phong Nha at around 8:00AM to 8:30 AM on the departure date before heading to Oxalis Adventure headquarters located right next to Son River. You then will collect your equipment and attend the safety briefing before getting back on the bus at 9:30AM for another 30-minute drive deeper to the National Park to the drop-off point.
From the trailhead, the team will get off the bus and start trekking through the jungle. You will spend about an hour to trek through Lang Va valley, learn about the biodiversity of flora and fauna in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park before stopping by the Nuoc Nut Cave entrance to have a short break and picnic lunch. A mouth-watering jungle-styled lunch has been prepared for everyone by porter team.
Back to the journey at around 12:30PM to travel deeper into the cave, you will meet a small entrance opening up to a much larger cave inside. Everyone will be asked to put on your Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen head lamps before proceeding deeper into the cave.
Once inside the low opening, the cave enlarges dramatically and there will be many of excellent photographic opportunities. This is a wonderful chance for you and the team to witness the marvelous formations, enormous passage with underground river. During this time, if you’re lucky enough, a natural sunbeam will be seen around this area. After spending about 3 hours to exploring Nuoc Nut Cave, you’ll finish the day trekking back through the jungle to the pick-up point before getting on the bus head back to Oxalis Headquarters. Depart Oxalis at 4:30PM and you will be dropped at your hotel upon your request.
The adventure level of Nuoc Nut cave trek is considered easy for anyone and kids at good physically fit and who participates in regular outdoor activities.
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease :
- 5 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- 2 km caving in river caves (cold water, 17 degree Celcius, knee deep)
- Short swimming (from February to April every year)
- 1 day in jungle and cave of National Park
What to bring:
- Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- A change of clothing for after tour
- Personal items, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent
- Barbecue lunch and drinking water
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
- All caving equipment and safety gear
Not available mid-September to mid-November
Tour departs at 7.00 am returns 7:30pm
Price: 1,650,000 VND