This is the perfect itinerary for travellers looking for an easygoing day filled with fun and memorable moments, which includes a short trek to explore a ‘wild’ cave, along with an introduction to the Phong Nha National Park, kayaking down a spectacular stretch of the iconic Chay River and unwinding at the Chay Lap Water Sports Center.
Phong Nha National Park Tour is one of our most popular add-ons for guests visiting some of the larger caves in the region, or for those with families who just want a great day out! This tour gives you a chance to surround yourself by the beauty of the Phong Nha National Park, enhanced by a touch of adventure!
On this tour, guests will be taken to the gorgeous Nuoc Nut Cave, which was officially explored in 2003. With a length of 2.2 km, this cave is a part of the Phong Nha Cave System and is hydrologically connected to the Hang Va cave and Son Doong Cave, in the Phong Nha National Park. Despite being classified as wild, this 2-million-year-old river cave can be explored with relative ease. From February to April every year, you will also have the opportunity to swim inside the cave. Guests will get to enjoy a delicious picnic lunch in the jungle as well, which is always a highlight.
Phong Nha National Park Tour promises to bring to you a unique and unforgettable experience in the legendary wilderness of Phong Nha! Guests on this tour will also get to have a wonderful experience while kayaking down the stunning Chay River. This will help you see just how spectacular the park is from a different perspective. As your paddles make gentle ripples on the river’s surface, you may spot water buffalos and the locals going about their daily lives on the riverbanks leading to the Phong Nha National Park.
This is a day not to be missed. It is no wonder that this is one of the most popular tours around, as it combines a taste of the Phong Nha National Park for one of its wild yet accessible caves, jungle trekking, and complete with some awesome kayaking. The day will end at the Chay Lap Water Sports Center – Chay Lap Riverside, where you will have some time to grab a drink and chill by the river enjoying the last hour of sunshine before returning to your hotel.
The adventure level of Nuoc Nut cave trek is considered easy for anyone and kids at good physically fit and who participates in regular outdoor activities.
- Adventure Level: Easy (basic trekking experience required)
- Availability: 4-5 departures/week
- Small Group Tours: 2 – 12 pax
- Minimum Age: 12 years old (for active guests)
- Tour Starts: 7:00AM to 7:30AM from any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Tour Ends: 4:30PM to 5:00PM at any local hotel in PhongNha
- Price: Price: 1,650,000 VND/pax (price inclusive of VAT & National Park environment/ entrance fees )
What to bring:
- Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- A change of clothing for after tour
- Personal items, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent
- Barbecue lunch and drinking water
- All entrance fees, transport, guide and porters
- All caving equipment and safety gear
- kayak and life jacket
Not available mid-September to mid-November
Tour departs at 7.00 7:30pm
Price: 1,650,000 VND